- What should I expect? So you booked your portrait session! Now what? Don’t worry. We are here to guide you through the entire process from start to finish. Prior to your session, we will have a phone or email consultation to work out the details and to ensure all of your questions have been answered.
- What's the best time of day to take photos? Photographers call it the golden hour. The 1-2 hours before the sun sets is the best time to shoot. We find that this is when you get the best and most beautiful range of color in the day. Keep in mind the golden hour will vary at different parts of the year. 1-2 hours before the sunset and 1 pm in winter.
- How long will the session last? Session times vary, but an average session lasts anywhere between one and two hours.
- What happens if I need to reschedule? Adequate notice (at least 48hrs) is required to avoid rescheduling fees. We can reschedule up to one time in the case of non-weather related reasons. Rescheduling will be for the next available date. Please keep in mind that availability is limited so the next available date may not be for a few weeks or longer.
- What forms of payment do you accept? Currently, we accept major credit cards and Interac e-transfers, cash, or cheques.
- What if it rains or the weather doesn't cooperate? Because of our photography style, the weather plays an important role in our photo sessions. Unfortunately, we have little control over the weather. If we happen to get rained out we will reschedule for the next available date. If it looks like the weather might be taking a turn for the worse we will email you as soon as possible to see what we want to do next.
- Where will we take our photos? We like to use the great outdoors as our landscape as much as we can, because of how diverse and beautiful it can be. We have our favorite spots in and around the Ottawa area. We are always up for trying new locations.
- How can I make sure I look good in my photos? Relax, and trust your wedding photographer. If you’re relaxed, it’ll come through in your photos. Leave some breathing room in your schedule so you don’t feel rushed — I recommend a minimum of 40 minutes for family and wedding party photos and an hour for the couple portraits. Lastly, get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water the night before (not too much or you might have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, and we all know that’s not fun).
- Should I invest in prints or an album? You don’t want your memorable photos to just sit on a hard drive, do you? As photographers, we know the importance of displaying your photos on your walls. We want your wedding photos to live on your walls and not just on your computer, which is why we strive to create moments and not just pictures.
- My friend offered to take my photos for an amazing price! What's wrong with that? The saying still stands, “you get what you pay for”. We have heard too many horror stories where the couple regretted not investing in their wedding photography. Their photos were extremely dark, and blurry, or they simply missed the special moments that were important to the bride and groom. There are too many risks involved to be “cheaping” out on the photography for a day like your wedding day! Wedding photos are not just an add-on. They are ESSENTIAL. They will be what reminds you of your wedding day for the rest of your life, and generations after. All that effort, all that love and time you put into your wedding day is preserved in the form of beautiful images, that represent perfectly how you remembered your day. Only a professional can give you that.
- When can we expect to see the photos, after our wedding day? 30 days from the wedding date.
- How does the payment work? To reserve your date, we ask for a 50% non-refundable deposit off of the total investment. We accept credit cards, Interac e-transfer, and checks.
- Why is my deposit non-refundable? Once a date is reserved we don't book anything else for that date. It can no longer be used for another client, therefore deposits are non-refundable.