Our Favourite Conversation Starters
- Go to your happy place in your mind and describe it. Where are you? Who are you with? What does it feel like?
- What’s the greatest adventure you’ve ever been on?
- What was the last moment that took your breath away? Why?
- Where would you like to live? Why? Dream big!
- How important is money to you? What did your parents teach you?
- Describe what a perfect day looks like for you.
- What would you like to be known for if you became famous?
- How do you like others to show you that they love you?
- What was your favorite childhood game? How do you incorporate play into your life now?
- What’s something you’re enjoying most about this time in your life? Why? (Being grateful reduces anxiety & stress).
- What animal best represents your personality?
- What is something that makes you laugh no matter what?
- Describe one of your favorite teachers.
- Share your most embarrassing moment and why.
- What was one of the most memorable weddings you’ve attended? Why?
Compatibility Questions/Building A Closer Bond
- Where would you put extra money if you had it? Savings, experiences, or material objects? Why?
- What personality traits in others do you have the hardest time with? (These can often be a reflection of traits you don’t like about yourself).
- What are the most important qualities in a marriage? (Kindness, respect, etc.)
- What do you think could be an obstacle to overcome to have a successful relationship?
- What is one thing you wish more people understood about you?
- What are you really good at?
- What does your partner do that turns you on the most?
- Describe the perfect weekend getaway with your partner.
- What achievement are you most proud of accomplishing?
The Deep Stuff
- How would you like your partner to support you in achieving your goals?
- Do you like children? Would you want children of your own?
- What does family mean to you?
- What are the most important core values you’d like to share with your partner? Here’s a list of core values to help you out.
- How do you express yourself when you’re really upset? What do you think is the best way to respond?
- How do you handle rejection?
- What did you want most as a child that you didn’t receive? (Ex. to be heard, safe, understood). **Your partner can take note that this is one of the things you long for in a relationship.
- What do you hope people will say about you and your life accomplishments at your funeral?
- What is a painful memory that has had the most impact on who you are today? How did that invite you to grow?
- What is something you’ve always dreamt of doing but haven’t done yet? What will it take to do it?
- If you could see into your future what is one thing you would want to know? Why?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? (None of us had perfect childhoods).
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- Which friend do you feel closest to? What do you love about them? (Our friends often mirror our values & priorities).
- What question do you wish you had the courage to ask your mom or dad?
- If your partner received the job offer of their dreams and it required relocating, how would you respond?
- What are two things that happened today and how did you feel about them?
- What are you grateful for today?
- Try to retell your partner’s day from beginning to end (what they did, etc.).
Let us know which ones sparked conversation for you!