It’s easy to let life get in the way and to overlook our partners from time to time. This is completely normal, but it’s not something we want to normalize. If you find yourselves settling or want to feel closer again in your relationship, add some acts of kindness to your everyday life.
Not sure what acts of kindness will mean the most to your partner? Start by figuring out their love language. Click here to take the 5 Love Languages Quiz with each other!
Learning to communicate someone else’s love language allows you to show them love in a way that they resonate with.
Jump over to the love languages that reflect your relationship below:
Words of affirmation
Many couples haven’t learned how effective and loving verbally affirming each other can be.
One of the deepest human needs is to feel appreciated.
“Verbal compliments are far greater motivators than nagging words.”
- Gary Chapman
“Perhaps your spouse has untapped potential in one or more areas of life. That potential may be awaiting your encouraging words.” - Gary Chapman
“Love makes requests, not demands.”
- Gary Chapman
Acts of Service
Is there a chore or something around the house that your partner hates doing? Make sure to do it for them! This can be vacuuming once a week or gassing up the car for them!
Here are other ways you can love them with acts of service:
Gifts are visual symbols & expressions of love.
It is one of the easiest love languages to learn.
If you’re a saver, this will be more challenging for you. Just remember, this is one of the best investments you will make.
*Tip: Keep a note in your phone of things that they like, so you can always refer back to it.
Being in the same house at the same time isn’t the same as spending time together.
Quality time is a genuine desire to understand their feelings, struggles, and hopes. Feeling understood involves quality time so you can take time to really hear them out.
“We make time just as we make time for lunch and dinner. Why? Because it is just as essential to our marriage as meals are to our health.” - Garry Chapman
Physical touch comes in many forms. Make sure to learn how they like to be touched.
If you have trouble with consistency, try the Love Nudge app. It’s a free app to help you create goals and set concrete actions to speak your partner's love language effectively and consistently!
Our photo session experiences are amazing because they cover all of these love languages!! 🤯
- A GIFT that says "I want to capture this time in my life with the person I love and cherish."
- I have some great prompts that encourage you to share WORDS OF AFFIRMATION during the session.
- Driving your partner to the session and being there for this special occasion is an ACT OF SERVICE, including the initiative you took to book the session!
- QUALITY TIME is what our sessions are all about! Spending undistracted, intentional time together and having sweet conversations during the session to enhance your experience.
- One of my main rules during the session is to keep your hands on each other at all times! PHYSICAL TOUCH is part of this session 100% of the time!
for a memorable photo session experience!